[atlarge-discuss] Identity, Authentication & Digital Certificates

Since we are discussing: Identity, Authentication & Digital Certificates'

I would like us to review an old article by Bill Frezza (October 4, 1999)
[ http://www.internetwk.com/columns/frezz100499.htm ]

Since " They " already know who we are, why shouldn't we get to know
each-other in the same way?  In other words; If you can't beat them join
them.  We can program our own site to operate with these systems.

See: The Liberty Alliance [ http://www.projectliberty.org ]

See: EU Releases Guidelines on Online Authentication - The European Union
Working Party on Data Protection has issued new privacy guidance for the use
and implementation of online authentication systems. The guidance takes a
specific look at some existing technologies, such as Microsoft's Passport
system, and standards, such as the Liberty Alliance. February 5, 2003

The Article 29 Working Party guidance on on-line authentication systems
[pdf]

Press release by the Article 29 working party [pdf]