Re: Re: [atlarge-discuss] Provisional Membership Committee

Never let your persistence and passion turn into stubbornness and ignorance.
Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book

From: "Ron Sherwood" <sherwood@islands.vi>
Date:  Mon, 9 Jun 2003 19:25:42 -0400

Dassa and Micheal:

I wonder how soon you will say the same things about me.

After all, I do not agree with the your belief that a verification panel
should be making subjective decisions about whether they like a person
enough to try to verify him or her. That seems to make me your enemy.

Why is it that when people may be verified by sending a secret code by
Restricted Mail to their mailing address, the verifiers choose not to send
such mail to someone they don't like?  That is the only question here...
nothing else. I cannot imagine why people would go to such lengths to try to
justify such discriminatory behavior.  Even Sotiris has had the decency to
get past that hurdle and has promised to send a letter.

Listing historical anecdotes and repeatedly explaining why you don't like a
person does not excuse this behavior.  If you are so sure that Jeff Williams
cannot pass the verification test that you have devised, then why not send
him the letter?  Could it be that you are secretly not so sure at all?
Could it be that you are frightened that he will receive the letter and
return the code?  Could it be that you are so afraid that Jeff Williams
might actually be real enough for you to have to verify him, and then deal
with his behavior in a way that is different from your current attempts at
ostracism by discrimination?

Just send a letter and keep your fingers crossed.  Who knows, since you are
so sure of your facts, you are bound to get the letter returned as
undeliverable. Then you can breath a sigh of relief and start to be honest
again.

Ron Sherwood

--
Micheal Sherrill
micheal@beethoven.com

The owner of this signature has been authenticated by www.thawte.com as
a Real Person.  The owner is also a Notary of the Web of Trust for
www.thawte.com which is a third party verifier of high level
certification.  For more information go to their Web of Trust page at https://www.thawte.com/html/SUPPORT/wot/general.html