RE: [atlarge-discuss] Membership List

Danny Younger wrote:

|  When I look at the membership lists of other organizations I note a
|  transparency that is lacking in icannatlarge.  Examples:
|
|  The Registrar Constituency membership list posts the following details:
|
|  1.  member name,
|  2.  name of employer
|  3.  employer's parent company (if applicable)
|  4.  member phone number
|  5.  member fax number
|  6.  member e-mail address

(Note I renumbered the items properly for reference)

Items 2 an 3 should be immaterial in a user organization: in the
organizations you reference, business affiliations may be important, but
here we represent only ourselves.

Enough telemarketers have my number 4 already!  No thanks!  If we need to
talk we can share numbers offline.

However, every member's e-mail address should be clearly listed, so we can
contact each other offline.  Note that I have been providing mine in my
signature since my first day on the ALSC list.

Bruce Young
Portland, Oregon USA
bruce@barelyadequate.info
http://www.barelyadequate.info