[atlarge-discuss] final message on atlarge-discuss

Hello,

this is the final message to the atlarge-discuss list; the list will
be shut down when this message has been distributed.  It hasn't seen
any traffic for quite some time now, but continues to generate
administrative effort due to incoming spam.

To stay informed about ICANN, I recommend that you regularly visit
the following weblogs:

* Chris Ambler   at http://onthenet.ambler.net/
* Karl Auerbach  at http://www.cavebear.com/cbblog/
* Susan Crawford at http://scrawford.blogware.com/
* Bret Fausett   at http://blog.lextext.com/blog
* Ross Rader     at http://www.byte.org/blog
* Wendy Seltzer  at http://wendy.seltzer.org/blog/
* myself         at http://log.does-not-exist.org/

An aggregator that pulls together most of these blogs is at
<http://aggregator.does-not-exist.org/>.

For public discussions about ICANN, ICANNwatch at
http://www.icannwatch.org/ is probably the best place.

Sadly, I'm not aware of any public mailing lists for informed
discussion about ICANN and across constituency boundaries at this
point of time.  During the reform process, we had hoped the GNSO's
GA list could fulfill that function; unfortunately, I can't
recommend joining that list to anyone.

If you want to channel input into ICANN, you're always welcome to
write to the At-Large Advisory Committee (of which I'm a member and
the liaison to the GNSO Council) at <forum(at)alac.icann.org>.

In any event, thanks to all of you for the good discussions for
which this list was used in its better days.

(And while ICANN may look less interesting today than the elections
made it look in 2000, it needs public scrutiny and attention just as
much as back then.  Or maybe even more, given the challenges in
creating working and sustainable accountability mechanisms for it.)

Kind regards,
--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.