[FYI] (Fwd) FC: NY judge grants MPAA injunction against 2600.com; EF

Date sent:      	Thu, 20 Jan 2000 22:14:36 -0500
To:             	politech@vorlon.mit.edu
From:           	Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Subject:        	FC: NY judge grants MPAA injunction against 2600.com; EFF loses
Send reply to:  	declan@well.com

MPAA and its member companies are stepping up their attack on the
DeCSS program -- something that is, to say the least, futile given the
nature of the Net. Demand letters for even *linking* to the program
are going out (watch out, news sites!):
   http://osiris.978.org/~brianr/css/demand.txt

MPAA won a victory in New York City today:
   http://www.mpaa.org/Press/mpaawin2.htm

2600 will be required to remove the DeCSS files, as will the other
defendants:
   http://www.2600.com/news/1999/1112-files/

What happens next is everyone else in the universe mirrors DeCSS...

-Declan

******