[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] Is Free Software Worth The Cost?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [FYI] Is Free Software Worth The Cost?
- From: Kristian Köhntopp <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 15:53:20 +0100
- >Received: from koehntopp.de (valiant.koehntopp.de [188.8.131.52])by white.koehntopp.de (8.9.3/8.9.3/SuSE Linux 8.9.3-0.1) with ESMTP id PAA05994for <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Sun, 5 Mar 2000 15:54:16 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Organization: Pinguin an Bord.
- Sender: email@example.com
"In short, I'm not against software being given away. I just
want the folks who write that software to be paid-and paid
handsomely-for writing it. That is the proper model for the
industry. So the next time you think about using some free
software, consider its cost to the software industry."
Oder kürzer: Freie Software ruiniert Arbeitsplätze. Nieder
mit freier Software!
"At the end of the day, a culture is ruled not just by its laws but by
social norms. The social norms of the Internet and of the Open Source
community, which have proven so productive in the development of the
need to be recognized, honored, and upheld." -- Tim O'Reilly