[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Abschied von der Rede- und Pressefreiheit
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Abschied von der Rede- und Pressefreiheit
- From: Kristian Köhntopp <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:25:32 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Organization: NetUSE GmbH
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Janet Reno would curb press freedom on line
Constitutional protections of the press are getting in the way of cyber-crime
prosecutions and may have to be reconsidered, a White House committee chaired by
US Attorney General Janet Reno believes.
"With the advent of the Internet and widespread computer use, almost any computer
can be used to 'publish' material. As a result, the [Privacy Protection Act of 1980
(PPA)] may now apply to almost any search of any computer," the committee's report
The committee's report, "The Electronic Frontier: The Challenge of Unlawful Conduct
Involving the Use of the Internet" is due to be released in final form this week.
A draft copy obtained by Wired News is available on line here
Kristian Köhntopp, NetUSE Kommunikationstechnologie GmbH
Siemenswall, D-24107 Kiel, Germany, +49 431 386 436 00
Using PHP3? See our web development library at
http://phplib.netuse.de/ (We have moved! Update your bookmarks!)