echelon-artikel

hi

die aktuelle ausgabe des 'bulletin of the atomic scientist' enthaelt einen
laengeren artikel von jeffrey richelson (dessen name hier schon oefter fiel)
zum thema echelon:

 http://www.bullatomsci.org/issues/2000/ma00/ma00richelson.html

dort heisst es u.a. zum thema spracherkennung:

There is also a significant limit imposed on the ability to monitor voice
communications, resulting from the failure of extensive U.S. Efforts to
produce "word spotting" software that would allow computer transcription
of intercepted conversations. In 1993, former NSA director Bobby Inman
admitted that "I have wasted more U.S. taxpayer dollars trying to do that
[word spotting in speech] than anything else in my intelligence career."
Nor has the capability been developed in the intervening years, according to
Campbell's report.

cu,
brunni