[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] Law Prof Lessig: Software Patent Situation Is 'Terrifying'
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [FYI] Law Prof Lessig: Software Patent Situation Is 'Terrifying'
- From: Kristian Köhntopp <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:06:30 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Organization: NetUSE GmbH
- Sender: email@example.com
Law Prof Lessig: Software Patent Situation Is
A Harvard Law School professor says the state of software patent
law is "terrifying" and threatens the innovative freedom that fueled
the growth of the Internet -- as well as software projects such as
"Linux got going not because someone successfully patented the
idea, but because they shared the idea," Lawrence Lessig told
technology leaders at Esther Dyson's annual PC Forum conference
in Scottsdale, Ariz. "Five years ago if you had a great idea,
you coded. Today, if you have a great idea, you call a lawyer."
Kristian Köhntopp, NetUSE Kommunikationstechnologie GmbH
Siemenswall, D-24107 Kiel, Germany, +49 431 386 436 00
Using PHP3? See our web development library at
http://phplib.netuse.de/ (We have moved! Update your bookmarks!)