[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: vendor liability?
- From: "Ralf Stephan" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 15:05:52 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Mail-Followup-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I've long considered the lack of vendor liability to be one of the
primary reasons the Internet is insecure. I also predicted a spate of
lawsuits this year. Lawyers were trained in computers to prepare for
the Y2K litigations, and they're bored. Here's a first inkling of what
might come: one lawyer is suing US West because his DSL connection
left his files exposed. As much as I don't like solving problems by
litigation, he does have a point.