[FYI] "What if somebody patentened a legal argument"?

http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/patents/2000/05/24/PizzoFiles.html

(Seite 3)

Tim: Are you a lawyer by training?

Dickinson: Yes, I am.

Tim: How would you feel if a lawyer was able to patent an
argument?

Dickinson: If it was new and non-obvious, I wouldn't have a
problem with it at all.

Tim: And the ability to basically extract a royalty from other
lawyers for using that same legal argument?

Dickinson: As I say, if it's new, and if it met the statutory
standards for patentability (and that's the key question here), and
it was incorporated into software in some form, that wouldn't be a
problem.

Tim: No, not in software. Just in actual, in court.

Dickinson: Well, I don't want to deal in hypotheticals. The courts
haven't dealt with that question.

"Papa, duerfen wir das Perl fuettern?"
	-- Michael Zuelsdorff, in der iX 6/2000