[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] Copyright On Reproductions?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [FYI] Copyright On Reproductions?
- From: "Ralf Stephan" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 18:22:21 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Mail-Followup-To: email@example.com
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
According to nanodot:
Israel court backs copyright on scroll reconstruction
Israel's Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that an Israeli scholar had a
copyright on his reconstruction of an important Dead Sea Scroll and
that his right had been violated by an unauthorized early publication
of his work. Lawyers arguing the case said it was the first in which
copyright law had been applied in court to a reconstruction of an
Upholding the ruling of a lower court seven years ago, the decision
evoked what had been a heated debate over access to the 2,000-year-old
scrolls, once restricted to a small group of scholars but now open to