[FYI] Apple Licenses Amazon.com 1-Click Patent and Trademark

http://quicken.excite.com/investments/news/story/pr/?story=/news/stories/pr/20000918/SFM156.htm&symbol=AAPL

Apple Licenses Amazon.com 1-Click Patent and Trademark

Monday, September 18, 2000 04:35 PM

New Apple Online Store With 1-Click Shopping Premieres Today

CUPERTINO, Calif., Sept. 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Apple(R)
(Nasdaq: AAPL, news, msgs) today announced it has licensed
Amazon.com's 1-Click patent and trademark for use on its Apple
Online Store (www.apple.com), as part of an e-commerce patent
cross-licensing agreement.

A new version of Apple's Online Store featuring 1-Click shopping
went live today, and all products sold on The Apple Store(TM) can
now be purchased with the 1-Click feature.

Apple also announced that its much anticipated iMovie(TM) 2
video editing software is immediately available from the Apple
Online Store for $49 via 1-Click downloading -- an industry first
which combines 1-Click shopping with the downloading of software
over the Internet.

"The Apple Store has been incredibly successful and now we're taking
it to the next level," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO.
"Licensing Amazon.com's 1-Click patent and trademark will allow us
to offer our customers an even easier and faster online buying
experience."

--

jan.meyer