[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: LGPL (fwd)
- From: Heiko Recktenwald <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 00:09:58 +0200 (CEST)
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Versteht das jemand hier ?
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Verstehst Du das ?:
This chapter contains the license conditions for MICO. All libraries are
covered by the GNU Library General Public License (LGPL) version 2 or later,
code generated by the IDL compiler is not copyrighted, everything else is
covered by the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
The idea behind this is that MICO can be used for developing commercial
applications without requiring the manufacturer of the commercial
application to put the application under (L)GPL. On the other hand it is not
possible to derive commercial applications from MICO without putting that
application under (L)GPL.