[FYI] (Fwd) Cyber-Rights.Net launched

Date sent:      	Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:14:17 +0000
From:           	"Yaman Akdeniz" <admin@cyber-rights.org>
Subject:        	Cyber-Rights.Net launched
To:             	gilc-plan@gilc.org
Send reply to:  	gilc-plan@gilc.org

We have just launched a new project which offers free and secure web
based e-mail to any Internet user. This is based upon the Hushmail
technology and Hush Communications is supporting us. I would
appreciate if you can circulate this widely. I would also appreciate
any comments that you may have as we will continue to develop the
site.

All the best,

Yaman

New Campaign: Cyber-Rights.Net offers free secure web based e-mail
with Hush Comms

CYBER-RIGHTS.NET PRESS RELEASE

Cyber-Rights.Net Forms Alliance with Hush Communications to offer
HushMail Private Label to Internet users.

Leeds, UK & Dublin, Ireland-(01, November 2000) Cyber-Rights & Cyber -
Liberties (UK) have partnered with Hush Communications to campaign
against the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIP) 2000, which
passed into law on October 24th of this year. The Regulation of
Investigatory Powers (RIP) Act outlines the extended reach of the UK
government?s law enforcement and security agencies in regards to the
monitoring and interception of communications across the Internet, and
government access to encryption keys. Similar proposals are currently
being discussed by the Council of Europe which would give law
enforcement agencies extended powers and capabilities for Internet
monitoring in more than 40 countries.

In an effort to raise public awareness of these important policy
issues and to encourage Internet users to use secure communications,
Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK) are launching the Cyber-Rights.Net
project. The pro ject offers Internet users HushMail Private Label, an
encrypted email solution, that employs Hush?s patent-pending Hush
Encryption Engine. With HushMail Private Label, Cyber-Rights.Net will
be able to offer its visitors a nd users end-to-end secure email
through, http://www.cyber-rights.net. HushMail Private Label fully
integrates Hush?s roaming key pair management technology into the
Cyber-Rights.Net system enabling its users to send and receive secure
mail from any location with access to the Internet throughout the
world.

Mr. Yaman Akdeniz, Director, Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK)
stated:

"Both the Website and project promote privacy of communications and
hope to raise awareness for security on the Internet. In the absence
of clearly defined conditions and safeguards protecting the privacy of
communication s in homes and in working environments, it is time for
the individual to take action and protect their communications.
Cyber-Rights.Net will be an additional tool for concerned Internet
users when securing their communica tions."

Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK) is dedicated to the promotion of
secure and private communications over the Internet and has been
influential in the national and international policy making process.

Jon Matonis, CEO of Hush Communications said, "We are excited to be a
part of the Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties project. HushMail Private
Label will offer Cyber-Rights.Net users the most secure and
user-friendly email so lution available on the market today. From
everyday Internet users to legal and medical professionals, Hush
protects online communications."

>From its inception, Hush Communications has been dedicated to the
>privacy rights. The company?s core technology was specifically
>developed to protect the communications and transactions of anyone
>with access to the Intern
et. While Hush offers a variety of products and services for sale, its
flagship product, HushMail.Com (www.hushmail.com), provides fully
encrypted, Web-based email, free of charge, to the general public.
Hush posts its so urce code for review and download at www.hush.ai.

About Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK)

Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK) (http://www.cyber-rights.org), is
a non-profit organisation established to protect the interests of all
honest, law abiding Internet users with the aim of promoting free
speech and priv acy on the Internet. It was founded in 1997 and has
been actively involved with the Internet policy-making process of the
UK government, the European Union, Council of Europe, OECD, and the
United Nations.

About Hush Communications Corporation

Hush is the premier provider of encryption products and services in
the secure communications industry. The company?s SDK, Software
Developer Kit, allows other Web-based infrastructure companies and
application providers to design product and service offerings that
utilise the Hush Key Server Network. Hush has strategic alliances with
Netsmart (www.netsmart.com), NetNation Communications
(www.netnation.com) and Security Portal (www.securi typortal.com), and
its investors include OffRoad Capital Corporation
(www.offroadcapital.com). Hush Communications is the leading market
share for encryption key management services and has users in every
country in the w orld. Hush Communications Corporation is a U.S.
company with subsidiary companies located in Dublin, Ireland; Salt
Lake City, Utah; and Austin, Texas and is the provider of
HushMail.Com, HushMail Private Label, and HushPO P with worldwide
headquarters based in Dublin, Ireland.

Contact Details

Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK)

Mr. Yaman Akdeniz,
Director, Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK)
E-mail: lawya@cyber-rights.org
Tel: +44 (0)7798 865116

Dr. Louise Ellison,
Deputy Director, Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK)
Tel: +44 (0) 118 9875123 (ext. 7507)
E-mail: lawlee@cyber-rights.org

Hush Communications

Genevieve Van Cleve
Ciara Hudson

22 Upper Pembroke St.
Dublin 2, Ireland
Phone: +353-1-241-0367
Fax: +353-1-241-0370
genvc@hushmail.com
ciara@hushmail.com
Mr. Yaman Akdeniz,
Director, Cyber-Rights & Cyber-Liberties (UK)
E-mail: lawya@cyber-rights.org
Tel: +44 (0)7798 865116

Read the CR&CL (UK) Reports at:
http://www.cyber-rights.org/reports/