Copyright und Freenet = Gewalt?

http://www.kuro5hin.org/?op=displaystory&sid=2000/11/15/3283/4150

For those of you just now tuning in, Freenet is a peer-to-peer
network designed to allow the distribution of information over
the Internet in an efficient manner, without fear of censorship.
When S.M. Stirling, a fairly prolific sci-fi/fantasy/alternate
history author, heard about Freenet, his reaction was ...
well, strong. He has posted dozens of messages to Usenet on
 the subject under the handle JoatSimeon, excerpts from
which include:

I want these scumbags dead. And that ain't no metaphor. I'll
settle for in jail, undergoing daily torment. And anyone who helps
them, too. All members. All users. All nodes.

It's obvious that draconian laws are necessary here. Track down
anyone involved with this piracy; and punish. Punish hard. 10
years of getting gang-raped in prison would seem appropriate --
for anyone involved. I propose a law requiring a transparent tag
showing origin and history on any file on any server, and that the
file be immediately accessible on request. The authorities should
develop and send out a "sniffer" intelligent agent program to
detect files not meeting these criteria. Immediately shut down
any server/node that doesn't reply properly. With really...
severe... penalties for anyone owning hardware harboring pirate
files. Sufficient to make them take elaborate precautions not to
do so.

Oh, and on a personal note, anyone who wants to read more SF
books should send nasty messages to [Ian Clarke, the creator of
Freenet]. We should also think about a lawsuit for a suitable
multiple millions against him, and attaching any assets he has --
his house and car, for example.

Kristian Köhntopp, NetUSE AG Siemenswall, D-24107 Kiel
Tel: +49 431 386 436 00, Fax: +49 431 386 435 99
Using PHP3? See our web development library at http://phplib.netuse.de/