[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] Yahoo probed for sale of "Mein Kampf" in Germany
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [FYI] Yahoo probed for sale of "Mein Kampf" in Germany
- From: Thomas Roessler <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:44:45 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Mail-Followup-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-Agent: Mutt/1.3.12i
Yahoo probed for sale of "Mein Kampf" in Germany
MUNICH, Germany, Nov 27 (Reuters) - German prosecutors said on
Monday they were investigating U.S. Internet retailer Yahoo Inc
(NasdaqNM:YHOO - news) for the suspected online auction of copies of
Hitler's infamous ``Mein Kampf'' which is banned in the country.
Manfred Wick, the senior prosecutor for the state court in Munich,
told Reuters unnamed executives of the company were under
investigation for the auction of the book on Yahoo's German website
on February 1 and again on April 19.
Wick said the first date referred to an auction reported by a
private individual and the second to the results of the prosecutors'
Thomas Roessler <firstname.lastname@example.org>