[FYI] (Fwd) U.S.: Mandatory Censorware Now Law

Date sent:      	Thu, 21 Dec 2000 20:09:02 -0500
Send reply to:  	Law & Policy of Computer Communications
             	<CYBERIA-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
From:           	Seth Finkelstein <sethf@MIT.EDU>
Subject:        	Mandatory Censorware Now Law (was Re: Ideology and the net)
To:             	CYBERIA-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM

> From: Phillip M Hallam-Baker <hallam@AI.MIT.EDU>
>        You are simply trying to wake the troll, and doing a bit of
>        trolling
> yourself.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/001221/dc_am_faml.html

Thursday December 21, 3:29 pm Eastern Time

Press Release

SOURCE: American Family Association

American Family Association Pleased Pornography Filtering
Legislation Now Federal Law

WASHINGTON, Dec. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- The Children's Internet Protection
Act was signed into law by President Clinton today. The American
Family Association hailed this event and thanked Sen. John McCain
(R-AZ) and Rep. Chip Pickering (R-MS) for sponsoring the bill.

        I meant every single word I wrote, and it was from the heart.
The only sort of trolling I'm doing is for advice and support.

__
Seth Finkelstein  Consulting Programmer  sethf@sethf.com
http://sethf.com
http://sethf.com/anticensorware/smartfilter/gotalist.php