Re: Interessantes Paper zu Watermarking

At 09:05 25.04.01 +0200, Bernhard Albert wrote:

>Schade, dass es nicht auch bei mir eintrudeln kann, doch beim Versuch es zu
>holen, erhalte ich folgendes Ergebnis:
>[..]
>"ERROR
>The requested URL could not be retrieved"
>
>Das ist schade! Wie erreicht man denn die Datei?

-> http://cryptome.org/sdmi-attack02.htm

===SNIP===
Source: ftp://ftp.iks-jena.de/pub/mitarb/lutz/crypt/general/Craver,McGregor,Wu,Liu,Stubblefield,Swartzlander,Wallach,Dean,Felten%3aLessons_from_the_SDMI_Challenge.pdf.txt

The site formerly hosted the SDMI attack [0] paper.
---------
The corresponding file was removed due to a request of Xerox.

Mr. Nola Mae McBain from the Xerox Corporation Patent Counsel informed me
about Xerox Proprietary Information contained in this third party work.

Mr. Kinkeldey from the law firm Grünecker, Kinkeldey, Stockmair &
Schwanhäusser in Munich told me, that civil action might be considered
against all people which are involved in creating tools able to damage third
party rights (MPAA) even if the protection scheme is braindead. Publishing
leaks is considered as support to create such damage.

Mr. Kinkeldey promised to urge Xerox to mail me a detailed list of there IP
claims. He was not able to communicate them, because he was not properly
prepered by Xerox itself.

Furthermore he told me, that this paper was revoked from the upcoming
conference. Mr. Felten's speech about this subject will be brushed up to
protect the interests of the MPAA and Xerox.
===SNAP===

[0] http://cryptome.org/sdmi-attack.htm