Re: [FYI] Nato =?iso-8859-15?Q?beschlie=DF?==?iso-8859-15?Q?tVerteidigungsfall?=

On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 12:01:45AM +0200, Kai Raven wrote:
> > Was ist das fuer ein $5, der hier noch durch die Presse geistert?
> > Der 'Fall' scheint eingetreten zu sein, zumindest suggeriert dies seit
> > einigen Stunden pro7.
>
> Alle Presseagenturen schreiben das Gleiche.
> Grob gesagt: Wenn ein Mitglied der NATO kriegerisch angegriffen wird,
> wird die gesamte NATO angegriffen und nicht nur der Angegriffene
> schlägt zurück, sondern alle.
> Hoffe nur, Bush setzt beim Vergeltungsschlag keine Nuklearwaffen ein.

Unten ein Zitat der besagten Artiel 5 und 51 aus dem NATO Bündnistext bzw.
der Charta der Vereinten Nationen, da deren Server momentan nicht/schwer zu
erreichen sind.

tschüss,

    -christian-

----    http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/nato.htm#art5    ----
ARTICLE 5

The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them
in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them
all, and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs,
each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective
selfdefence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations,
will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith,
individually, and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems
necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the
security of the North Atlantic area.

Any such armed attack and all measures taken as a result thereof shall
immediately be reported to the Security Council. Such measures shall be
terminated when the Security Council has taken the measures necessary to
restore and maintain international peace and security.

--- Quelle: http://www.nato.int/docu/basictxt/treaty.htm#Art05 und Links ---
Article 51
Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of
individual or collective self-defence if an armed attack occurs against
a Member of the United Nations, until the Security Council has taken
measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Measures
taken by Members in the exercise of this right of self-defence shall be
immediately reported to the Security Council and shall not in any way
affect the authority and responsibility of the Security Council under
the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary
in order to maintain or restore international peace and security.

--
There is this special biologist word we use for 'stable'.
It is 'dead'.  (Jack Cohen about software developing)