Re: [FYI] Musiktausch über das Netz beliebter denn je

> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/data/sha-07.09.01-001/

> -------------------------------- CUT ---------------------------------

> Musiktausch über das Netz beliebter denn je

[...]
> Zu diesem Ergebnis kommen Analysten des Marktforschungsunternehmens
> Webnoize .

> [...]

> -------------------------------- CUT ---------------------------------

--snip--

WEBNOIZE SNAPSHOT                     ...free daily Webnoize summary

Thursday, September 06, 2001

Today's OPINE                                http://www.webnoize.com

 o P2P Traffic Report: Bad and Getting Worse

   Traffic on the four top P2P systems will increase in the coming
   months, now that college students are back on campus. During
   August, file swappers used the top networks -- FastTrack,
   Audiogalaxy, IMesh and Gnutella -- to download 3.05 billion
   files, significantly more than the 2.79 billion files traded
   using Napster in its peak month, according to new Webnoize
   research.

   "For the recording and motion picture industries, the
   peer-to-peer problem is about to go from bad to worse," says
   Webnoize Senior Analyst Matt Bailey, who led the study.

   One possible scenario involves Sonicblue's new ReplayTV digital
   video recorders. Sonicblue will sell four new ReplayTV units that
   let consumers share video files with other ReplayTV owners. Some
   tech-savvy ReplayTV owners will undoubtedly hack the system's
   security and begin trading movies, TV shows and other video
   content with others outside the network.

   [...]

--snip--

Ob im Abobereich weitere Infos zu finden sind, kann ich mangels
Abo leider nicht sagen ...

--
Best regards,                             get my pgp-key at:
 Joerg-Olaf                               www.fx3.de/js.asc