[FYI] (Fwd) FC: Hidden image extracted from ABC News report: First s

Date sent:      	Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:34:51 -0400
From:           	Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
To:             	politech@politechbot.com
Copies to:      	provos@citi.umich.edu, honey@citi.umich.edu
Subject:        	FC: Hidden image extracted from ABC News report: First stego trophy?
Send reply to:  	declan@well.com

Peter Honeyman and Niels Provos from UMich's Center for Information
Technology Integration have successfully extracted a hidden image from
a sample JPEG image. That sample JPEG was featured in a recent ABC
News report about steganography:
http://www.politechbot.com/p-02623.html

No, the image wasn't created by bin Laden & com, but it's an
interesting demonstration nevertheless. I dislike sending out
attachments, so I've placed the extracted image here:
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/stego-trophy.jpg

Below message forwarded with permission.

-Declan

*******