[FYI] (Fwd) FC: Acxiom's modest proposal: Background checks on air passengers

Date sent:      	Thu, 06 Dec 2001 10:43:30 -0500
To:             	politech@politechbot.com
From:           	Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Subject:        	FC: Acxiom's modest proposal: Background checks on air passengers
Copies to:      	alison.melson@acxiom.com, jonathan.portis@acxiom.com
Send reply to:  	declan@well.com

Background on Axciom, which I invite to reply to the list (I will
distribute Acxiom's response unedited):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/frompost/march98/privacy8.htm
"You've probably never heard of Acxiom Corp., a giant information
service tucked near the rolling Ozark foothills. But chances are that
Acxiom knows quite a lot about you"

"The [FTC] took a hard look at the likes of Acxiom and Abacus, massive
marketing databases that cover the purchasing habits of at least 90
percent of America's 100 million households."

http://www.cnn.com/1999/TECH/computing/12/03/aussie.bigbro.idg/
"Australia data warehouse raises privacy concerns"

-Declan

---