[FYI] (Fwd) FC: Bush admin. says Congress can copyright "public domain

Date sent:      	Thu, 10 Jan 2002 01:34:56 -0500
To:             	politech@politechbot.com
From:           	Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Subject:        	FC: Bush admin. says Congress can copyright "public domain" works
Send reply to:  	declan@well.com

---

Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 23:39:36 -0500
To: declan@well.com
From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@seltzer.com>
Subject: Government takes more extreme line in second "Eldred" case

Hi Declan,
I thought your readers would be interested in the latest filings from
Golan v. Ashcroft.  While we await the Supreme Court's announcement
whether it will hear Eldred v. Ashcroft, the first challenge to the
copyright term extension, the government has taken an even more
extreme position in this second case.

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@seltzer.com
Fellow, Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School