[FYI] (Fwd) FC: Conservative group preparing to sue libraries that don't filter

Date sent:      	Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:54:50 -0800 (PST)
From:           	Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
To:             	politech@politechbot.com
Subject:        	FC: Conservative group preparing to sue libraries that don't filter
Send reply to:  	declan@well.com

[Fes/Fez may have once been Morocco's imperial capital, but there
isn't *that* much to do after 9 pm here... except catch up on Tom
Sharpe and Terry Pratchett books I've neglected (Gibraltar's bookstore
was excellent) and log in from Internet cafes. Thanks, all, for the
many ssh-while-traveling suggestions. I'll compile and summarize when
I get back. --Declan]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:47:53 -0800
From: dburt@n2h2.com
To: declan@well.com
Subject: Another filtering fact from your favorite troll

"TVC will be filing a series of class-action lawsuits against
libraries refusing to filter pornography from their computers.

TVC is looking for librarians and parents who are willing to add their
names to these lawsuits! If you have been personally victimized by
pornography in a public library or if you know of someone who has been
victimized, please contact us. If you are librarian who feels
threatened by pedophiles or by internet pornography, please contact
us!"

http://www.conservativepetitions.com/petition.html?name=libraryporn

-----------------------------------
David Burt, Public Relations
N2H2, Inc.
E-mail:dburt@n2h2.com
Web: http://www.n2h2.com
Address: 900 4th Avenue, Suite 3600
Seattle, WA 98164
Office Phone: 206 892-1130
Cell Phone: 206 915-1283
Fax: 509 271-4226

--- Events: Congreso Nacional de Periodismo Digital in Huesca, Spain
from Jan. 17-18 (http://www.congresoperiodismo.com) and the Second
International Conference on Web-Management in Diplomacy in Malta from
Feb. 1-3. (http://www.diplomacy.edu/Web/conference2/)