[FYI] (Fwd) FC: Senate Democrats love SSSCA -- but GOP says not so fast

See also

--------------------------- CUT --------------------------------

Senator brutalizes Intel rep for resisting CPRM

By Thomas C Greene in Washington

Entertainment industry lapdog Senator Fritz Hollings (Democrat, South
Carolina) lashed out at Intel executive VP Leslie Vadasz who warned
that the copy-protected PCs Hollings is obediantly promoting on
behalf of his MPAA and RIAA handlers would stifle growth in the
marketplace.

"We do not need to neuter the personal computer to be nothing more
than a videocassette recorder," Vadasz said in testimony before the
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation Thursday.

[...]