[FYI] (Fwd) FC: Network Associates thwaps PGP sites with DMCA nastystick

Date sent:      	Tue, 21 May 2002 19:08:22 -0400
To:             	politech@politechbot.com
From:           	Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Subject:        	FC: Network Associates thwaps PGP sites with DMCA nastystick
Copies to:      	peter_beruk@nai.com, root@radiusnet.net, webmaster@radiusnet.net
Send reply to:  	declan@well.com

---

Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 18:45:40 -0400
From: "R. A. Hettinga" <rah@shipwright.com>
Subject: NAI pulls out the DMCA stick

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 15:03:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Meyer Wolfsheim <wolf@priori.net>
To: <cypherpunks@lne.com>

NAI is now taking steps to remove the remaining copies of PGP from the
Internet, not long after announcing that the company will not release
its fully completed Mac OS X and Windows XP versions, and will no
longer sell any copies of its PGP software.

Do we still believe this was a pure cost-cutting measure?