[FYI] MS to eradicate GPL, hence Linux

------------------------------- CUT -------------------------------

MS to eradicate GPL, hence Linux

By Thomas C Greene in Washington

Yesterday, as we all know, Microsoft fed an 'exclusive' story about
its new 'Palladium' DRM/PKI Trust Machine to Newsweek hack Steven
Levy (a guy who writes without irony of "high-level encryption"),
presumably because they trusted him not to grasp the technology well
enough to question it seriously. His un-critical announcement
immediately sparked a flurry of articles considering what this means
to the Windows user base.

And that's as it should be. But my question is, what does it mean to
the Linux user base?

[...]