[FYI] (Fwd) FC: MPAA lawyergrams Gnutella user for sharing "The Simp

Date sent:      	Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:07:17 -0400
To:             	politech@politechbot.com
From:           	Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Subject:        	FC: MPAA lawyergrams Gnutella user for sharing "The Simpsons"
Copies to:      	MPAA@copyright.org
Send reply to:  	declan@well.com

---

Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:59:15 +0700
From: Vanja Hrustic <vanja@pobox.com>
To: declan@well.com
Subject: Fw: [7.8.2002 44916] Notice of Copyright Infringement

Declan,

Just saw this on vuln-dev mailing list. You might be interested.

The question is if Cox really checks the 'offending' IP and tries to
see if it serves the files, or they just blindly send the mail without
checking?

(you might want to remove the original sender's email address - not
sure if he would like it posted to Politech. If someone needs it, they
can look at vuln-dev archives, on SecurityFocus site)

Begin forwarded message: