[FYI] (Fwd) FC: Will Canada's Internet providers become spies?

Date sent:      	Tue, 27 Aug 2002 19:43:23 -0400
To:             	politech@politechbot.com
From:           	Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Subject:        	FC: Will Canada's Internet providers become spies?
Send reply to:  	declan@well.com

http://news.com.com/2100-1023-955595.html?tag=politech

    Will Canada's ISPs become spies?
    By Declan McCullagh
    August 27, 2002, 12:56 PM PT

    WASHINGTON--The Canadian government is considering a proposal that
    would force Internet providers to rewire their networks for easy
    surveillance by police and spy agencies.

    A discussion draft released Sunday also contemplates creating a
    national database of every Canadian with an Internet account, a
    plan that could sharply curtail the right to be anonymous online.

    [...]

---