EBay von Patenten bedroht (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 01:00:54 +0200 (CEST)
From: PILCH Hartmut <phm@a2e.de>
To: swpat@ffii.org
Subject: EBay von Patenten bedroht

Das Autkionshaus EBay wird gerade von 3 US-Logikpatenten bedroht, die auch
laut EU-RiLi-Entwurf patentierbar sein duerften:

US6266651 Facilitating electronic commerce through two-tiered electronic
markets and auctions
US6085176 Method and apparatus for using search agents to search
plurality of markets for items
US5845265 Consignment nodes

S. auch

- Patent suit could sting Ebay
  http://news.com.com/2100-1017-956638.html?tag=fd_top

Zitate daraus:

<<

eBay [...] noted that the lawsuit could prove costly even if eBay wins.

"If (MercExchange [the patent holder]) were to prevail on any of its
claims, we might be forced to pay significant damages and licensing fees,
modify our business practices or even be enjoined from practicing a
significant part of our U.S. business. Any such results could materially
harm our business," eBay said in its filing. "We are unable to determine
what, if any, potential losses we may incur if this lawsuit were to have
an unfavorable outcome."

--
Hartmut Pilch, FFII e.V. und Eurolinux-Allianz            +49-89-12789608
Innovation vs Patentinflation                       http://swpat.ffii.org/