[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Niemoller quote
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Simone Demmel)
- Subject: Re: Niemoller quote
- From: Peter Meyer <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 22:20:53 +0200
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comment: This Message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Sender: email@example.com
>> In Germany they first came for the Communists,
>> and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
>> I'd be grateful if you could provide me with the original
>> German for the following (or was it originally in English?):
>As far, as I know, the text was originally in English.
>There seems to be several versions of this 'poem' out there, but all
>Quotes are in English as well, Pastor Martin Niemoler was german.
>Here some sources:
Many thanks for these URls. I looked at them all and I have
included some material from them on my "Pastor Niemoller" page at
http://serendipity.magnet.ch/cda/niemoll.html (the front door is at
http://serendipity.magnet.ch/ - then the "Censorship page).
I have included the umlaut in his name on my web pages (I trust this
is correct, and that the usual English "Niemoller" is an Anglo-American error).
P.S. Ein solches schoene Schloss an deiner Home-page!