Re: Niemoller quote

Hi Simone,

>> In Germany they first came for the Communists,
>>      and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
>>
>> I'd be grateful if you could provide me with the original
>> German for the following (or was it originally in English?):
>
>As far, as I know, the text was originally in English.
>
>There seems to be several versions of this 'poem' out there, but all
>Quotes are in English as well, Pastor Martin Niemoler was german.
>
>Here some sources:
>http://www.best.com/~mddunn/cybrary/links.let.niem.html
>http://www.fly.net/~grvsmth/docs/niemoller.html
>http://nspace.cts.com/html/FireBlade/Politics/
>http://www.dsk.de/rds/05254.htm
>http://www.forerunner.com/champion/X0006_5._Martin_Niemller.html

Many thanks for these URls.  I looked at them all and I have
included some material from them on my "Pastor Niemoller" page at
http://serendipity.magnet.ch/cda/niemoll.html (the front door is at
http://serendipity.magnet.ch/ - then the "Censorship page).
I have included the umlaut in his name on my web pages (I trust this
is correct, and that the usual English "Niemoller" is an Anglo-American error).

Best wishes,
Peter

P.S.  Ein solches schoene Schloss an deiner Home-page!