[FYI] Politische Theorie

http://www.nwanews.com/editorial/34edit825/34edit825.html

------------------------------ CUT -----------------------------

[...]

Forget "liberal" versus "conservative." We're in the midst of a
historic realignment of political partisans.

"On Capitol Hill, the debate over encryption has created some unusual
political alliances," declares a recent New York Times editorial.
"Many conservative Republicans have stood with leaders of the
high-tech industry to oppose any kind of ban on encryption within the
United States and to support a loosening of export controls on
encryption technology." The traditionally liberal New York Times
finds itself on the same side as those conservative Republicans, as
it too stands with high-tech leaders in adamant opposition to
government control of encryption. In fact, the editorial expressing
this opposition could easily be mistaken for a Phyllis Schlafly
commentary.

[...]

Liberal ranks and conservative ranks both include individualists and
statists, but the freedoms we enjoy as Americans would be far more
secure if the individualists from both sides would join forces.