[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Fwd: FYI: German court on 56-bit crypto]
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Fwd: FYI: German court on 56-bit crypto]
- From: Rigo Wenning <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 16:54:15 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
FYI aus der GILC - Liste.
Ist darüber weiteres bekannt ?
Jim Dempsey wrote:
> >GERMAN COURT RULING ANOTHER BLOW TO U.S. ENCRYPTION STANDARD
> > (Source: The Industry Standard) A German district court has
> >ordered a bank in Frankfurt to repay a customer for money withdrawn
> >from her bank account after her bank card was stolen. In the
> >ruling, the court called the bank's use of 56-bit encryption
> >technology, which follows the U.S. government's data encryption
> >standard, "not safe enough."