[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] U.S. Democracy is Buggy
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [FYI] U.S. Democracy is Buggy
- From: "Ralf W. Stephan" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 10:35:25 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Mail-Followup-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
(FBI's Wish is Granted)
Patrick Poole, deputy director of the Free Congress Foundation, called
it a case of bill stuffing. Every year in the last few days of
congress the FBI tries to sneak previously rejected legislation into
must-pass legislation, including budgets, Poole said.
"There is a flaw in the process that law makers take advantage of to
pass controversial laws that do not stand up to open debate," said
Poole. "This is how they managed to make the National Identity Cards
The long-eared ones are coming, run for your life!