[FYI] (Fwd) DW: M Thesis on UK Gov.Direct

Date:          Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:09:49 -0500
From:          Steven Clift <clift@PUBLICUS.NET>
Subject:       DW: M Thesis on UK Gov.Direct
To:            DO-WIRE@TC.UMN.EDU

*** Democracies Online Newswire - http://www.e-democracy.org/do ***

From:             Mark Burdon <mburdon@easynet.co.uk>
Subject:          MSc dissertation: Implementing Government.direct:
The development of a  government-wide ICT implementation strategy Date
sent:        Tue, 10 Nov 1998 21:27:51 -0000

I've just been awarded my MSc in Public Policy and received a
distinction for my dissertation : ).

The dissertation focuses on developing a strategy to implement ICT's
in UK government within the context of current policy and
organisational structures. It concludes by suggesting a new strategy -
The Visualisation Perspective. This advocates a more creative approach
to the implementation of ICT's by incorporating the uncertainty of
future planning with a more innovative view of governmental
organisation.

For those interested in this subject, I've included a bibliography of
reference materials some of which can be accessed on-line. I also have
other source material which I would be more than happy to provide
references for. Send me an e-mail if you're interested.

You can access my dissertation at

http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~mburdon/dissertation.htm

Needless to say if you have any comments, you know where to get me.
Happy reading!

Mark Burdon
   Steven Clift - E: clift@publicus.net - ICQ: 13789183
   3454 Fremont Ave S, Mpls, MN 55408 T:+1.612.822.8667

 Web White & Blue, Project Coordinator    -    Consulting
 http://www.webwhiteblue.org  -   http://www.publicus.net

 Join Democracies Online Newswire To: listserv@tc.umn.edu
 "Best of" E-mail-list ->   Body: sub do-wire Your Name

*** Please send submissions to:  DO-WIRE@TC.UMN.EDU     ***