[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] (Fwd) SAFE returns?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [FYI] (Fwd) SAFE returns?
- From: Horns@t-online.de (Axel H. Horns)
- Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 09:28:33 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Organization: Private Site
- Priority: normal
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
------- Forwarded Message Follows -------
Subject: SAFE returns?
From: "Perry E. Metzger" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 15 Jan 1999 18:35:59 -0500
Quite a week. India threatens to ban U.S. weakened crypto, France
takes step towards permitting the domestic use of cryptography, and
now SAFE is being re-introduced
Crypto policy back in the spotlight
By Courtney Macavinta
Staff Writer, CNET News.com
January 15, 1999, 2:15 p.m. PT
CUPERTINO, California--Despite an emerging Cold War-like attitude
toward China's access to sophisticated U.S. technologies, Silicon
Valley Rep. Zoe Lofgren today said she plans to reintroduce
legislation to ease export controls on encryption.