Date:          Mon, 12 Apr 1999 23:07:42 -0400
To:            politech@vorlon.mit.edu
From:          Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Subject:       FC: Day 1 of the Washington State Cypherpunk Trial

John Gilmore is a board member and co-founder of the Electronic
Frontier Foundation. Like me, John has been called to testify by the
government in the US v. Carl Johnson case. This is his report from the
first day of the trial.

To answer some of the questions I've received: Taxpayers pay my way to
Tacoma (the Feds have their own witness travel agency that uses
American Airlines). They will put me up at a Sheraton when I'm there
later this week -- the exact date is still unclear.

There is much more about this case, which involves crypto, alleged
death threats, and free-speech protected satire at:
  http://jya.com/cejfiles.htm
  http://jya.com/show-trials.htm

-Declan