FYI [jya@pipeline.com: PECSENC Docs]

Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 00:42:50 -0400
To: cryptography@c2.net
From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Subject: PECSENC Docs

We offer several documents from the PECSENC meeting
of February 14, 1999:

1. Agenda
2. Members of PECSENC
3. Memorandum on PECSENC Action Plan
4. Executive Summary, PECSENC Meeting Open Session, March 12, 1999
5. Candid Meeting Comments (backdoor algorithms)

   http://jya.com/pecsenc051499.htm

No. 5:

Candid Meeting Comments (backdoor algorithms):

Stewart Baker (ex-NSA Counsel, ex-PECSENC Acting
Chairman): "McCain's bill [S.768] is stupid, written as idiot
proof by ignorant people who don't understand that key
recovery is dead. (Smile.)" (Emphasis in original)

William Reinsch, Undersecretary of the Bureau of Export
Administration: "The Senate doesn't get it, what we want
them to do, the House does. (Smile.)"

[deldeldel]