[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] (Fwd) More on Congress vs. Echelon
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [FYI] (Fwd) More on Congress vs. Echelon
- From: Horns@t-online.de (Axel H. Horns)
- Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 23:37:09 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Organization: Private Site
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
------- Forwarded Message Follows -------
Subject: More on Congress vs. Echelon
From: "Perry E. Metzger" <email@example.com>
Date: 04 Jun 1999 17:01:48 -0400
Niall McKay (apparently the author) forwarded a pointer to this New
York Times "CyberTimes" article on substantially the same subject --
it offers a lot more detail about the U.S. Congressional concerns
about Echelon. (For those without accounts, I believe the standard
"cypherpunks/cypherpunks" account/password dodge works).
It looks like Echelon has become a big deal to everyone in the know,
although it appears that the big time broadcast news media in the U.S.
has not taken any of the bait offered by the recent stories on the