[FYI] (Fwd) Dutch court takes ISP liability in the wrong directi

Date:          Thu, 10 Jun 1999 17:18:28 -0400
From:          Andy Oram <andyo@oreilly.com>
Subject:       Dutch court takes ISP liability in the wrong direction
To:            gilc-plan@gilc.org

The following is significant, although it's swimming against trends
like the ones Meryem has reported in France, so we can hope the
court's opinion will be reversed. I recommend the article.

Andy

---

http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,0-37622,00.html?st.ne.140.head
     Scientologists' copyright
     suit shapes Net liability

     Linking to a site that contains material that infringes
     someone's copyright also is an infringement, a Dutch
     court ruled today, according to the Church of
     Scientology, the plaintiff in the case.