[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: "'email@example.com'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Urheberrecht: Yahoo
- From: Johannes Ulbricht <Johannes_Ulbricht@csi.com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 11:32:53 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Reply-To: "Johannes_Ulbricht@csi.com" <Johannes_Ulbricht@csi.com>
- Sender: email@example.com
Buckling to pressure from a week-long boycott of its
Yahoo-GeoCities site, Yahoo revised its terms of service for the
second time, bringing the standoff to an end.
Last week, previous GeoCities members realized they had to accept
new terms of service before they could access their home pages on the
newly integrated Yahoo-GeoCities site. The outrage snowballed into
a boycott with members bitterly complaining that the portal was
asking for terms that took away rights to their intellectual property.
Members flocked to the BoycottYahoo site to pressure the portal to
withdraw or change its conditions.
Original URL: http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,38865,00.html?pfv