[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] (Fwd) FC: GOP legislators: Save the Net smut law!
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [FYI] (Fwd) FC: GOP legislators: Save the Net smut law!
- From: Horns@t-online.de (Axel H. Horns)
- Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:06:50 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Organization: PA Axel H. Horns
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
------- Forwarded Message Follows -------
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:59:53 -0400
From: Declan McCullagh <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: FC: GOP legislators: Save the Net smut law!
[html of brief attached]
GOP: Save the Net Smut Law
by Declan McCullagh
12:15 p.m. 19.Jul.99.PDT
WASHINGTON -- Claiming online
pornography is a "serious problem," five
prominent members of Congress have
asked a federal appeals court to uphold a
law that makes it a crime to post sexually
explicit images online.
The 28-page amicus brief, submitted
Monday, says Congress intended the
Child Online Protection Act -- the
successor to the Communications
Decency Act -- to address "the dire
situation" of tens of thousands of
pornographic Web sites that both adults
and children can easily visit.