Markle Foundation

FYI,

I think subscribers to ISPO, LINK, UA-C and APPLE will find the new Policy
for a Networked Society program of the Markle Foundation to be of interest
<http://www.markle.org/programs/pns/index.html>.

"The program is creating a body of research and a global policy network of
leaders from the academy, industry, nonprofit community and government
to develop principles of regulation on critical policy issues and to represent
the public interest as policies are developed and debated. The protection of
democratic values, individual liberties, universal access and consumer
interests are priorities of the program's activities."

Below is today's press release from the Markle Foundation which contains
a number of important announcements.

Steven Clift
Consultant to the Markle Foundation for Web White & Blue

[Forwarded by Steven Clift  <http://publicus.net>,
consultant to the Markle Foundation for Web White &
Blue.   General audiences are encouraged to visit the
Markle web site <http://www.markle.org> for  program
information and for extensive details I  encourage you
to read the full 11 page letter from the foundation
president <http://www.markle.org/letter/presidentsletter.pdf>.]
Please contact the foundation directly with  questions
or comments.]

Contact:
Julia Moffett
The Markle Foundation