[fwd] Hiding Crimes in Cyberspace (from: denning@cs.georgetown.edu)

----- Forwarded message from Dorothy Denning <denning@cs.georgetown.edu> -----

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:36:33 -0400
From: denning@cs.georgetown.edu (Dorothy Denning)
Subject: Hiding Crimes in Cyberspace
To: ukcrypto@maillist.ox.ac.uk

John Young has just posted a copy of my paper Hiding Crimes in
Cyberspace, coauthored with William E. Baugh, Jr., on his Cryptome site:

http://jya.com/crypto.htm

Or, go straight to http://cryptome.org/hiding-db.htm

This version does not have the endnotes.  If you want the endnotes,
you can get an MS Word version from my Web site

http://www.cs.georgetown.edu/~denning/crypto/

or go straight to

http://www.cs.georgetown.edu/~denning/crypto/hiding1.doc

This version has the full text, but not the figures.

The paper is scheduled to appear in Information, Communication and
Society, Vol. 2, No 3, Autumn 1999, and in Cybercrime, B. D. Loader
and D. Thomas (eds.), Routledge, 1999.

It covers the use of encryption and other concealment technologies
and anonymity services by criminals and terrorists.  It is a
January 1999 update of the report we did for the National Strategy
Information Center in 1997.  That report is also on my Web page
now.

I apologize if someone already posted this information to the list.
I have not been tracking the messages carefully.

Regards,
Dorothy

----- End forwarded message -----