[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
FW: ETSI clashes with Net architects over numbering
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: FW: ETSI clashes with Net architects over numbering
- From: "Caspar Bowden" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:34:57 +0100
- Comment: This message comes from the eucrypto mailing list.
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Importance: Normal
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connections between ETSI and ENFOPOL anyone ?
Caspar Bowden http://www.fipr.org
Director, Foundation for Information Policy Research
Tel: +44(0)171 354 2333 Fax: +44(0)171 827 6534
[mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of David Farber
Sent: 07 September 1999 14:37
Subject: IP: ETSI clashes with Net architects over numbering
>Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 21:40:33 +0900
>From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Adam Peake)
>Subject: article: ETSI clashes with Net architects over numbering
>ETSI clashes with Net architects over numbering
>By Kenneth Cukier
>06 September 1999
>A proposal by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute
>that telephone numbers and IP addresses be harmonized is being studied
>by the Net's central coordinating body - the Internet Corporation for
>Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). But the idea has been rejected by
>the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) - the Internet's most senior
>engineers - as demonstrating "a serious lack of understanding of
>Internet protocols and operations."
>for the rest. Site registration (free) required for access.
>Background on ICANN's ASO pages <http://www.icann.org/aso/asonew.htm>