[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FYI] Safer use of the Internet
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [FYI] Safer use of the Internet
- From: "Axel H Horns" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 21:28:21 +0200
- Comment: This message comes from the debate mailing list.
- Comments: Sender has elected to use 8-bit data in this message. If problems arise, refer to postmaster at sender's site.
- Organization: PA Axel H Horns
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
CORDIS RTD-NEWS/© European Communities, 1999.
Record Control Number: 13872
The Scotland/Northern Ireland MIDAS-NET node is organising a second
seminar to provide information on systems to control access to the
Internet by school pupils and minors. The seminar takes place in
Glasgow, United Kingdom, on 2 December 1999.
The event is aimed in particular at education officers and
administrative staff responsible for education policy, and will aim
to inform strategic planning relating to Internet access for schools.
Following a short introduction to the EU's INFO2000 programme and the
activities of the MIDAS-NET nodes, participants will receive pointers
to where to find information on safer use of the Internet, and in
particular where to find rating and filtering systems. The seminar
will also outline developments made following the adoption of the
EU's action plan on promoting safer use of the Internet in December
Data Source Provider: Scotland/Northern Ireland MIDAS-NET node
Document Reference: Event announcement.
Programme Acronym: INFO2000
Subject Index Codes: Information, Media; Information Processing,
For further information, please contact:
Scottish Enterprise Ms Lorna Cullen 120 Bothwell Street Glasgow G2
7JP United Kingdom Tel. +44-141-2282423; Fax +44-141-2282882 E-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org URL: http://www.midas-
Related News: 13502