[FYI] Lawrence Lessig, Harvard Professor and Cyber-Law Theorist

http://chat.abcnews.go.com/cgi/chat/chat.dll?room=lessig

-------------------------------- CUT -----------------------------

Law on the Cyberspace

Frontier

Lawrence Lessig, Harvard Professor and Cyber-Law Theorist

The Internet is relatively untouched by regulation, but that could
soon change as nations try to strike a balance between free speech,
privacy, consumer protections and intellectual property. So do we
regulate cyberspace? If so, how much? And how do we go about it?

Harvard Law Professor Lawrence Lessig believes that the very code
used to create cyberspace is also the best tool to use in regulating
it. The people who write this code are the ones who essentially
govern the Internet, and the challenge comes in regulating what they
produce. Lessig, a former special master in the Microsoft antitrust
case, compiled this theory in his new book Code and Other Laws of
Cyberspace. Lessig will join ABCNEWS.com readers for a live chat on
Tuesday, Nov. 30, at 3 p.m. ET. Post your questions now, and come
back for the chat!

Hello, everyone! Professor Lessig is here with us, so let's get
started. Professor, why don't you give us a quick overview of your
book, Code and Other Laws of Cyberspace?

[...]