Incorrect attributation of comment by Alexander Svensson to: Re: [ICANN-EU] Re: Quote from Esther

Alex and all,

  The below statement/comment I DID NOT forward or make.
So please don't attribute it to me.  Thank you.

  I agree with Andy's comments regarding Esther Dyson's remark
in the Wired article.  I did add that many of us that have been involved
in this process for 4+ years now have known of Esther Dyson's
attitude for some time.  But that comment was not part of what
Alexander incorrectly attributed to me.  Thank you!

  Please try not to incorrectly attribute comments to someone that did
not make them in the future, Alexander.  It would be much appreciated.

Alexander Svensson wrote:

> Dear all,
> I just wanted to make sure nobody quotes Andy's response
> from the mail Jeff forwarded:
>
> >> WN: Esther Dyson, ICANN director, was quoted in the Frankfurter Allgemeine
> >> Zeitung as saying she worried that free elections could propel
> >> "objectively stupid" candidates onto the board. What do you make of that?
> >>
> >> Well, at least now she is showing her true colors. Good one Esther. I
> >> wonder how many petty dictators have justified their rule by claiming the
> >> people were too stupid to rule themselves.
>
> What Andy *really* answered was:
>  What shall I say to that? It sounds a little arrogant, and it
>  also sounds like they want to stay a closed club and not let
>  users participate. It sounds like the opposite of open. Meanwhile,
>  Esther Dyson has told me she will be in Berlin on October 23rd
>  and how about having a coffee? So I have an appointment with
>  her. I will find out about her.
> http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,39495-2,00.html
>
> Best regards,
> /// Alexander

>   ICANN Channel              http://www.icannchannel.de

Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 9236 fwd's to home ph#