Re: [ICANN-EU] AMM's "government statement"

Marc Schneiders schrieb:

> [...]
> The Pope does indeed have the large  "M"  in his coat of arms. The
> problem might be, that I have a feeling that the Vatican State does
> not have a trademark authority. It might not even be a signatory to
> trademark treaties :-)

> I know for sure it has no trademark lawyers. Thank God! (This is not
> meant irreverently. If it offends anyone, I apologize.)
> [...]

Instead, for example in Germany, the invective usage of re-
ligious "trademarks" may constitute a criminal offense (cf.
§ 166 StGB). Apart therefrom, your local church will quite
certainly mandate a trademark lawyer if you start (even not
irreverently) selling "Jesus Christ's Corn Flakes".

Tim